Friday, April 29, 2016

Is it all downhill from here?

  In the past few weeks, I have lost 10lbs from my new lifestyle change. It hasn't gotten easier, it is not more fun, and it is not something I really look forward to. I do it because I want to be healthier, I want to be able to get out in the yard with the dogs and my child and play. That is what makes it worth while for me. I am having a great amount of difficulty with the whole Beachbody business. I can't seem to get people interested. I know that it has a great deal to do with the fact that I am not the kind of coach people imagine working with because I am still at the beginning of this journey and my body certainly does not match my ambition.  But surely, someone wants to hear what I have to say and learn from me right? Isn't it suppose to get easier? People always say that it's all downhill from here, but is that reality?
   I am still enthralled with my You are a Badass book. I am learning so much about myself from the passages I read each day. I am taking myself out of my comfort zone and pushing myself further than I have before, yet no one still seems to notice the effort that I put in. I feel like I am inspiring NO ONE to be better, to want more for themselves. I know that it takes time, but I feel like I am never going to find my stride and all of this will be for nothing. I want to help people. Hell, that is why I became a nurse. Still, all people see when they look at me is a fatty struggling to make it. It is hard. I never thought that I cared what others thought of me, but the truth is, I do. All of us do, really. I mean, if you are really honest with yourself, you know that other people's opinions of you affect your choices. I know that eventually it will get easier. People will start to see the difference I am making in myself, but for now, it is all uphill, carrying pockets full of rocks and a ruck sack on my back. I just have to remember that I need to be the best me that I can be and eventually, it will inspire someone...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment